Visiting U.S. College Students
If you’re a student at another university, either coming home for the summer or just visiting Seattle, you’re welcome to join us for Summer Quarter to keep learning.
Why UW Summer Quarter?
- Academic Credit – Finish an academic requirement or get a jump start on next year’s classes. In most cases, the course credit you earn at the UW can be transferred to your institution.
- Top-Rated School – Enjoy UW’s world-class faculty, outstanding facilities and sterling academic reputation.
- The UW Experience – Attend intellectually challenging classes, including intensive and condensed course offerings.
Wide Variety of Courses
With nearly 2,000 courses offered in more than 100 different fields of study, you’re sure to find a class that sparks your interest or meets an academic need. Take a class in social sciences, engineering, computer science and technology, languages, business, health, education, the environment or one of numerous other disciplines.
To learn more about what’s available during UW Summer Quarter, see the time schedule or MyPlan (which requires a login). For more information on how to register for summer courses, see the Non-UW Students Registration page.
Summer Program Offerings
Summer Quarter includes a variety of programs to choose from, including a number of options only available during the summer. These include:
- Intensive Foreign Language Courses. The UW offers one of the country’s largest intensive foreign language summer programs. Choose from courses in everything from American Sign Language to Swahili.
- Summer Certificate Programs. Explore a specific area of professional interest, build valuable career skills and earn a UW certificate to bolster your resume.