Visiting International Students
International students are welcome to join us for UW Summer Quarter 2020 and take courses remotely from a world-class university. No visa is required for online courses. With a wide variety of courses, you are sure to find something to match your interests.
Why UW Summer Quarter?
- Diverse Student Body – Study alongside current UW students, adults and other visitors.
- Top Teachers – Learn from well-respected UW faculty and instructors.
Huge Selection of Courses
UW Summer Quarter has more than 1,000 courses available in more than 100 different fields of study. Take a class in social sciences, engineering, computer science and technology, languages, business, health, education, the environment or one of numerous other disciplines.
To learn more about what's available during Summer Quarter, see the UW Time Schedule or MyPlan.
Special Notes for International Students
Before enrolling in UW Summer Quarter, international students should be aware that:
- Because no visa is required, enrolling in UW Summer Quarter online courses does not include student visa assistance.
- You should have English language proficiency equivalent to UW language requirements to successfully participate in and complete your courses.
- You’ll need to meet technology requirements for UW online courses. (Due to possible country-specific access restrictions, we can’t guarantee remote access for international students.)
- Nonresident tuition and fee rates apply.
- Some online courses may include real-time online meetings with your instructor and classmates via Zoom. Check the class meeting time to make sure it works with your local time zone.
For more information on how to register for Summer Quarter, see the page How to Register – Non-UW Students.